Smoothies are thick and sweet beverages often made from puréed fruits, vegetables, juices, yoghurt, nuts, seeds, and are both dairy or nondairy. The most simple smoothie starts with two core ingredients, the base and a liquid. From there, you can combine ingredients to your liking. Lots of smoothies include frozen produce or ice or added water to give the final product the cool, icy consistency of a milkshake. Moreover, their flavour profiles vary hugely depending on the ingredients.
Frequently used ingredients in smoothies include:
- Fruits: berries, banana, apple, peach, mango, and pineapple
- Vegetables: kale, spinach, arugula, wheatgrass, microgreens, avocado, cucumber, beetroot, cauliflower, and carrots
- Nuts and seeds: almond butter, peanut butter, walnut butter, sunflower seed butter, chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds and matcha powder
- Herbs and spices: ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, cocoa powder, cacao, parsley, and basil
- Nutritional and herbal supplements: spirulina, bee pollen, protein powder, and powdered vitamin or mineral supplements
- Liquids: water, fruit juice, vegetable juice, milk, non-dairy milk, coconut water, iced tea, or cold brew coffee
- Sweeteners: maple syrup, raw sugar, honey, pitted dates, syrup, fruit juice concentrates, stevia, ice cream, and sorbet
- Others: cottage cheese, vanilla extract, soaked oats, cooked white beans, silken tofu, and dairy or nondairy yoghurt
Lots of smoothies can be classified into one or two of the following categories – though there’s significant overlap between them:
- Fruit smoothies. As the name implies, this kind of smoothie usually features one or more types of fruit blended with juice, water, milk, or yoghurt.
- Green smoothies. Green smoothies are often packed full of leafy green vegetables and fruit blended with water, juice, or milk. They tend to be heavier in veggies than regular smoothies, though they often include a little fruit for sweetness.
- Protein smoothies. Protein smoothies usually start with one fruit or vegetable and a liquid, as well as a major protein source like Greek yoghurt, cottage cheese, silken tofu, or protein powder. Because smoothies are so versatile, it’s fairly easy to pack them with nutrients.
Smoothies are created by blending fruit, vegetables, yoghurt, and other ingredients to make a thick, creamy but also healthy beverage. Lots of people consume smoothies as a morning meal or afternoon snack. They are often a great way to incorporate more healthy foods into your diet.
Smoothies help boost fruit and vegetable intake
Smoothies made primarily from fresh or frozen produce may increase your consumption of fruits and vegetables, which provide a diverse array of essential vitamins, minerals, fibre, and antioxidants.
Together, these nutrients may reduce inflammation, improve digestion, and decrease your risk of chronic conditions like heart disease, osteoporosis, obesity, and age-related mental decline. If you feel that you’re not eating enough fruits or veggies, a smoothie can be a perfect way to pack in 2–3 more servings of fruit or veg.
In a world where people need a boost during their hectic day, Naked Juice brings you fruit and veg in a quick and convenient package. Some of our most popular types on offer include:
Green Machine – apple, kiwi, spirulina, barley and grass
Don’t judge this smoothie too quickly by its colour. This turbo-charged garden goodness has an arsenal of 5 super healthy ingredients and tastes so good! Contains Vitamin C which helps support the normal function of the immune system and the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
Blue Machine – blueberry, blackberry smoothie
Need a berry kick? Take a swig of this nutrient-rich blueberry-blackberry-banana-apple flavoured goodness and grab life by the blueberries. Vitamins C, B6, B12 and niacin contribute to the normal functioning of the nervous system. Vitamins C, niacin, B6, B12 & pantothenic acid contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and can be implemented as part of a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Mango Machine – apple, mango, banana and orange
A perfect, exotic, incredibly tasty option with a multitude of apple, mango, orange and banana. Vitamins C, E and Zinc contribute to the protection of cells from oxidative stress. Vitamin B6 and pantothenic acid contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
Red Machine – strawberry, raspberry and cranberry
What’s not to love about this combination of delicious summer berries? This luscious blend with raspberries, cranberries and strawberries, this is a berry palooza boosted drink that is an absolute crowd-pleaser. Vitamins C, B6 & B12 contribute to the normal and healthy functioning of the nervous system. Vitamins C, B6 & B12 contribute to the normal function of the immune system. Enjoy as part of a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Freshways – Wholesale food and dairy across the UK
Busy day? You need a boost then! Here at Freshways, we supply Naked Smoothies which are a perfect pick-me-up for those times when you need to give those batteries a boost. As well as this, we are dedicated to providing each and every one of our clients throughout London, Wales and the UK, with the freshest milk and dairy products available. From wholesalers and manufacturers right through to small businesses such as bakeries, cafes, hotels and retailers, we are the reliable dairy products supplier in the UK.
We understand that, for many businesses across the UK, fresh high-quality dairy and milk products are crucial. As we only use cows farmed in the UK, we guarantee quality products every time, as well as a reliable and efficient delivery service to ensure that our dairy products reach you as soon as possible. In addition to offering dairy products, we also supply juices, cheese, butter, bread and other everyday products that you may need for your business.
As we only use cows farmed in the UK, we guarantee quality products every time, as well as a reliable and efficient delivery service to ensure that our dairy products reach you as soon as possible. In addition to offering dairy products, we also supply juices, cheese, butter, bread and other everyday products that you may require. We pride ourselves on being an independent and family-run business that offers only the highest quality dairy products. For more information about our products, simply get in touch with a helpful member of the Freshways team today.